|Home Concerts 2017-2018 Membership Patrons Contact Us|
The Fairfield Concert Association was established in 1948. Adult memberships for the first year were $5.00 and student memberships were $2.50. Three concerts were presented during that first season. In the 1950's and '60's, the Association partnered with Parsons College, and with this added revenue the budget was quadrupled, thus making a more ambitious schedule possible.
Parsons lost its accreditation in 1966, the Concert Association lost the backing it had enjoyed, and reorganization was necessary. Bill and Pat Medley, duo pianists and Artists-in-Residence at the college, suggested we contact Allied Concerts of Minneapolis. In 1972, we signed with Allied to provide the talent for our program selection, and we have continued this alliance to the present time.
The Association strives to provide varied, entertaining concerts, but rising costs have always been a definite concern. In 1985, a gift of $10,000 in memory of Leo D. and May Fisher Thoma made it possible to establish an Endowment Fund, the interest from which was to be used for programming. This original gift to the Endowment Fund has since been supplemented by contributions from individuals, businesses, and organizations.
Today, the funds received from membership, are not only enhanced by interest from the Endowment Fund, but also by memorial gifts, contributions from Patrons (gifts beyond membership), and by Sponsors (those individuals or groups who wish to sponsor a specific concert).
In addition to the Fairfield agenda, members of the Fairfield Concert Association may attend all concerts in Washington, IA; Ottumwa, IA; Keokuk, IA; and Centerville, IA. The mission of the Fairfield Concert Association is to provide the Fairfield community and our reciprocities with fine talent, in a variety of genres, for a reasonable fee.
For further information or inquiries, please contact:
Fairfield Concert Association